The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache and CFLAGS

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Sergiu Tot, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Sergiu Tot

Sergiu Tot Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello !

I try to reinstall apache using EasyApache. One of the reasons why I want to reinstall apache is beacause I want to recompile it with some aditional CFLAGS. For example, i want to recompile it without -g option and I want to add -march=i686 and I want to change -O2 with -Os. The problem is that I don't see how can I change this values. Initialy I was changing the CFLAGS in Makefile of apache & PHP but after that I saw that the whole /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache is removed and all the files are replaced by new ones.
    According to EasyApache documentation ( http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/easyapache.htm ) I tried to overwrite the CFLAGS by making a file /var/cpanel/easyapache/rawenv/CFLAGS. It didn't worked. I tried to create the file /var/cpanel/easy/apache/rawopts/Apache1 and put on a line CFLAGS= -Os but it didn't worked neither, it was ignored. No matter what I did, at compile time the compiler used the same CFLAGS (-g -O2).

Do you have any other ideea on how can I recompile apache & php with the CFLAGS that I want ?

2. Sergiu Tot

Sergiu Tot Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Solved. I tried everything, except export CFLAGS='-pipe -Os' before runing /scripts/easyapache :D