The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easyapache and PHP5 + GD lib

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by MMarko, Oct 26, 2007.

1. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

So, box GD is checked, but PHP is compiled without GD. On other servers this works fine. We have gd-devel installed (/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libgd.so.2 ... ), OS is CentOS 3.8. Why did this happen?

I even sent ticket to support, no answer so far.

Tried to manually compile php, compilation went fine but after restarting apache is started to make seg faults. Obviously something wasn't done right.

Any help would be great.

2. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

I've tried to add manually these configure flags '--with-gd=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr'' --with-jpeg-dir=/usr'

make stops with this error:

Zend -g -O2 -prefer-non-pic -c /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.4/ext/gd/gd.c -o ext/gd/gd.lo
    /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.4/ext/gd/gd.c: In function `zif_imagepng':
    /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.4/ext/gd/gd.c:2977: `gdImagePngCtxEx' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.4/ext/gd/gd.c:2977: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.4/ext/gd/gd.c:2977: for each function it appears in.)
    make: *** [ext/gd/gd.lo] Error 1

3. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

lol, I'm talking with myself :D

so I fixed this. reinstalled libpng, added needed custom configure flags by hand, and hit make :D I have also reinstalled Zend Optimizer... now it all works fine - combo is Zend Opt, ionCube loader, Suhoshin with GD :D

PHP 5.2.4 (cli) (built: Oct 26 2007 14:21:43)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.28, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
    with Suhosin v0.9.20, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by Hardened-PHP Project
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

4. tsavino

tsavino Registered

details?

I am having the same problem but do not know how to config by hand any pointers?