The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache Building Question

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by DreamPhysix, Feb 25, 2012.

1. DreamPhysix

DreamPhysix Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm using EasyApache incorrectly or not, but today I installed webware that required PHP exif support. I installed it by using EasyApache > previous configuration > exif > build. It looks like it's recompiling everything like Apache, PHP, etc. Is this the only way to install support for other "plugins" for PHP? It takes a long time to rebuild with EasyApache even if I'm just adding one extra module. Is this normal or is there a way to avoid it?

2. hoststop

hoststop Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you want to compile any php module, you need to compile whole php and apache on the cPanel servers. Yes, it takes time but does not breaks anything on the server. If in case there is any problem easypache stops and reverts to previous working configuration.

3. DreamPhysix

Thanks. I just didn't know if there was a workaround, but thankfully I'm not using EasyApache often enough for it to really be an inconvenience to wait for it to complete.

4. hoststop

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Compiling it manually is a workaround. But, it will break when you next run easyapache. cPanel won't recommend manual compile though. Yes, it takes time to compile. But, the best way to compile without breaking the current configuration.

5. DreamPhysix

Thanks for the information. I will just continue to use EasyApache as normal. I shouldn't have to recompile again until cPanel released an update for Apache 2.4.

6. hoststop

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are welcome.