The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easyapache compile breaks php

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by WriteCraft, Oct 2, 2013.

1. WriteCraft

WriteCraft Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm new to being a root admin in WHM -- just moved from reselling shared hosting to a VPS with cPanel and WHM. I needed to add a couple php extensions, so I went through the easyapache compile process and it seemed pretty straight forward and went smoothly. However, now all my WordPress sites are broken -- instead of the pages, we get box prompting to open or save something called application/x-httpd-php (395 bytes). HTML pages open normally. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

2. cPanelKurtN

cPanelKurtN Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi WriteCraft,

Try logging into cPanel/WHM and verify that your PHP Handler is set up correctly. You can do this by going to: Configure PHP and suEXEC

3. WriteCraft

WriteCraft Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you Kurt!

That was exactly the solution my server tech came up with. After I use easyapache to re-compile PHP, I must then go to Service Configuration > Configure PHP and suEXEC, and set the PHP handler to suphp and Apache suEXEC to on. That is the correct handler for my server I guess. I suppose restarting the apache service after that wouldn't hurt either.

So this is solved for me! Other newbie's results may vary.