The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache Fails consistanly

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by medfordite, Mar 9, 2013.

1. medfordite

medfordite Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Trying to remedy some errors with Suhosin and eAccelerator:

So, I went in to disable them for now through EasyApache and it is erroring out every time with the following error:

I am running Easy::Apache v3.18.6 on CENTOS 5.9 i686 virtuozzo WHM 11.36.0 (build 11)

Any ideas?

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your original error regarding eaccelerator/suhosin indicate that those libraries are missing entirely from the server. Rebuilding them through EasyApache is probably you're best bet. So, you're on the right path there.

As for the errors when running EasyApache, it looks like you're running custom Apache includes for a custom unsupported Apache module.

Code:
    httpd: Syntax error on line 28 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf.1362892924: Syntax error on line 3 of /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_main_global.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_rpaf-2.0.so into server: /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_rpaf-2.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Specifically, mod_rpaf-2.0.

If you simply paste in a LoadModule for a custom module that you've manually built once into the Apache include files, it will guaranteed break every build every time.

You will need to either write a Custom Opt Mod for mod_rpaf-2.0 so that it is built and setup during the EasyApache build process, or perform some manual workarounds using EasyApache pre/post scripts, hooks, etc. to build out mod_rpaf-2.0 separately and only include the LoadModule lines when it's built and copied back into /usr/local/apache/modules/

EasyApache: Custom Modules

EasyApache: Script Hooks

The quick and easy manual method would be...

[1] Remove the LoadModule line for the custom unsupported mod_rpaf-2.0 module from your Apache includes
    [2] Run EasyApache as desired
    [3] Manually re-install the custom unsupported mod_rpaf-2.0 module again and put its LoadModule line back

You would then need to do that each and every time you wanted to run EasyApache.

If you take the time to write a Custom Opt Mod, then you would be able to essentially add mod_rpaf-2.0 as a checkbox in EasyApache and have it auto-build every time. Details on this (some programming experience required) can be found:

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/pub/AllDocumentation/TrainingResources/TrainingSlides08/EA3Build.pdf

3. medfordite

medfordite Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you Brian!

I narrowed the problem down to cpXstack which I had enabled. Fortunately, nobody yet was using it so for now, I turned it off and uninstalled it. That solved the compile problem.

Still fighting the PHP warning error, but this at least got me back on track. :)

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Definitely open a ticket (see my signature for the link) and we can get you sorted out.