The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache install with php suexec caused all php to result in internal server errors

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Solokron, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Just updated server from PHP 4.4.2 with php suxec to 4.4.4 with php suexec. Any call to PHP results in an internal error. Again, these clients have been in a suexec environment for quite a while and the php upgrade was performed. Permissions and ownership are still what are necessary for php suexec. Even a simple php file with the contents "hello world" chowned and chmod 755 results in Internal Server Error. I tried thunking back to 4.4.2 and php suexec and this still occurs.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Upgrade ZendOptimizer to the latest release v3.0.1, if using ZendOptimizer. If not, re-compile Php with Verbose on and look for errors.

3. Solokron

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    3.01 was already installed. I did in fact reinstall it afterwards to no resolve.

When I run easyapache I run from an ssh session.

4. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Have you checked /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log and /usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_log for the errors?

5. Solokron

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Nice FF avatar. Yes I checked suexec immediately when it started occuring but could not locate any errors:

[2006-06-28 15:29:35]: info: (target/actual) uid: (persocom/persocom) gid: (persocom/persocom) cmd: home.php
    [2006-06-28 15:29:35]: info: (target/actual) uid: (persocom/persocom) gid: (persocom/persocom) cmd: adlog.php
    [2006-06-28 15:29:35]: info: (target/actual) uid: (persocom/persocom) gid: (persocom/persocom) cmd: adlog.php
    [2006-06-28 15:29:36]: info: (target/actual) uid: (persocom/persocom) gid: (persocom/persocom) cmd: adlog.php
    [2006-06-28 15:29:36]: info: (target/actual) uid: (persocom/persocom) gid: (persocom/persocom) cmd: adlog.php

Which is to be expected. Even simple hello files with .php for an extension were hosed.

error_log:

[Fri Aug 25 15:08:58 2006] [error] [client 67.160.188.165] Premature end of script headers: /home/persocom/public_html/online_dating.php
    failed to open log file
    fopen: Permission denied

[Fri Aug 25 16:48:33 2006] [error] [client 72.30.111.152] Premature end of script headers: /home/persocom/public_html/ad_server/

These files were indeed set to 755 and chowned correctly which threw me off.

I tried recompliling back to apache with suexec and php 4.4.2 but still ocurs so I have recompiled apache without suexec on the server to get it back up and running which has not made me too happy.

I will try again tonight with a release build and httpd configtest

6. Solokron

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well here we go. It appears easy apache, even with a stable build and upcp --force selected does what the beta apparently does which I ran into in a thread researching this issue. It rems out

LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
    AddModule mod_php4.c

By removing the rems and restarting Apache it loads back up with php suexec once again. Or am I making the mistake of simply enabling the standard php4 module and phpsuexec is being bypassed?

#6 Solokron, Aug 29, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  7. Solokron

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If I remark back, 500 internal errors again.

error_log:

[Tue Aug 29 04:41:49 2006] [error] [client 71.231.237.36] Premature end of script headers: /home/userxxx/public_html/index.php
    [Tue Aug 29 04:41:49 2006] [error] [client 71.231.237.36] File does not exist: /home/userxxx/public_html/500.shtml

suexec_log
    [2006-08-29 04:41:49]: info: (target/actual) uid: (userxxx/userxxx) gid: (userxxx/userxxx) cmd: index.php

8. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

I get internal 500 errors on one particular server after going from php 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 (all modules the same except newer php version)

apache log:

Premature end of script headers

(all php based sites)

What is the fix for this?

Another problem with fastcgi:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart: httpd not running, trying to start
    Syntax error on line 193 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
    FastCgiIpcDir /tmp/fcgi_ipc: access for server (uid -1, gid -1) failed: write not allowed

9. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your bypassing the phpsuexec when you re-enable the loadmodule and addmodule lines

what has worked for me with the fopen log error is delete the log files , restart the apache and let it remake them

also check and make sure /tmp is not full and has these permissions

/tmp 1777 root:root

10. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

How about my problem here?

11. dave9000

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    check the permissions on the /tmp/fcgi_ipc make sure the web server can write to that directory and that the directory exists

12. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

I had done that already, what else would cause this?

13. dave9000

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have no experience with fastcgi so I am not going to be much additional help here

14. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody nobody 4.0K Jul 29 11:51 fcgi_ipc/

15. Solokron

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have performed these to no resolve.

16. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

Does ANYOne have a fix or not? Cpanel support is PATHETIC! Data center
    opened a ticket 2 days ago, no resolve even with the manager who claimed
    a tech is on it!

CPANEL IS GARBAGE

Did search "all" in bugzilla = 1721 bugs found.

17. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Installing and configuring Fastcgi can be very tricky, and you might run into a series of problems if not installed proeprly. Any error messages? It is really dificult to troubleshoot Fastcgi without errors.

18. Solokron

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I understand the frustration but I have been working with it far too long to drop it. It does too many good things still.

My environment does not include fastcgi at all and this is occurring. I have ran through the forums daily and have found no resolution yet.

19. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

I had enough of these jerk offs.

I am going to run a mill and show my history of cpanel support tickets all over every hosting forum to prove their mindless, senseless, most pathetic, unprofessional and UNETHICAL business. When one pays $20 - $50 PER LICENSE one expects support AGREED TO in the license agreement.

cpanel is going to get crushed from here on. Anyone who disagrees or wants to tell me "if you don't like it don't use it" can shut your mouth now before you open it. Cpanel is known to have the worst support, most ridiculous and extensive list of bugs that most cannot even fathom.

I am certainly going to switch over to Interworx from hereon. The hell with cpanel. You can kiss your damn grave. DAILY PROBLEMS DUE TO YOUR CRAPPY SOFTWARE IS ENOUGH HEADACHES

20. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm sure you'll get better support over at swsoft... you know, once they open the ticket 24 hours after you start it, and tell you that it's not their problem and to take it to your datacenter. This is all assuming that your backup utilities work, along with the email that they charge premium fees to have filtered by spamassassin.
    *cough*
    I'm curious as to which build this is present in. I certainly hope that such an outcry was not over an EDGE release... and I have not yet experienced this problem with the latest CURRENT build.