The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easyapache modules question/issue

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ianwinter, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianwinter

ianwinter Member

Hi,

I'm running WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.12.0-C17349 and successfully built apache 2.2.6 with php5 using easyapache however I'm not sure if it's all actually working correctly.

I selected mod_expires and mod_deflate when building the profile, however these files don't appear in the modules directory in /usr/local/apache/modules and when I try and set an expiry header it doesn't seem to work.

I have expires working fine on the 1.3.37 instance I upgrade from by putting the entries in the site in question .htaccess file.

My question is should the mod_expires.so and mod_deflate.so files be in the modules directory so I can then LoadModule them, or, does 2.2 work differently to 2.0.x?

The following is the contents of my modules directory:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6788216 Oct 3 09:51 libphp5.so*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 23066 Oct 3 09:48 mod_auth_passthrough.so*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22845 Oct 3 09:48 mod_bwlimited.so*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 39683 Oct 3 09:48 mod_bw.so*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12102 Oct 3 09:48 mod_disable_suexec.so*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 87706 Oct 3 09:48 mod_fcgid.so*

Cheers in advance,
    Ian

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    With EA3, modules selected are built statically. Checking the output of /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l will show whether or not it built. If those modules are not listed in the output, check the build log.

3. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

You might find the additional modules in this dir /usr/lib/httpd/modules

Not sure if that will be different on the various Linux distros but it is where they are on my RedHat boxes.

If different on your system then

updatedb
    locate mod_deflate.so

4. ianwinter

ianwinter Member

Thanks for replies.

@cpanelkenneth
    Having run /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l it does indeed show mod_deflate.c and mod_expires.c. Does the fact they are built statically mean I need to do something different to get them included by apache, or, by building them statically does they mean they're already included? I'm used to just doing the 1.3.x LoadMode way to get them in!

@S-Combs
    The modules are indeed in that directory however there are all dated back on Aug 1st and differ massively in size to the same modules I have in a manual configuration (done using --enable-mods-shared=all)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.