EasyApache / MultiPHP and addon domains outside public_html

Socket Grid

Registered
May 28, 2019
Coral Springs, FL
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
cPanel 80.0.13, I have several addon domains configured with their document root located at ~/domains/<domain>/public_html.

The primary domain on the account points to the standard ~/public_html.

This allows me to nicely organize all of my domains, and to have a clean and easily understood directory structure.

When I go into the MultiPHP INI Editor, or the MultiPHP Manager, the only domain listed is the account primary domain.

How can I go about managing the PHP settings for my addon domains with my current configuration?

Also, perhaps this is something new (new server, and haven't used cPanel in about a year), but all of my error logs are going to the wrong place. I'm used to them being placed in the same directory as the offending script that raised or threw the error in the first place. Now the only place I can retrieve my error logs is ~/logs/<domain>.error.log. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way I can get my traditional same-directory error logs back?

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @Socket Grid

I'm trying to replicate the issue you're experiencing with only being able to see the primary domain. I created a test domain with the document root in /home/$myuser/domains/domain.tld/public_html to try to replicate but I'm not experiencing the issue with being unable to see the domain in the MultiPHP Manager or MultiPHP INI Editor within cPanel. Can you elaborate on how you're creating the addon domains or any customizations you might have?

Also, perhaps this is something new (new server, and haven't used cPanel in about a year), but all of my error logs are going to the wrong place. I'm used to them being placed in the same directory as the offending script that raised or threw the error in the first place. Now the only place I can retrieve my error logs is ~/logs/<domain>.error.log. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way I can get my traditional same-directory error logs back?
Are you using PHP-FPM on the domains? If so this is where I would expect for the logs to be. You could change this but it would take some customization of the FPM configuration for the domain, specifically this line:

Code:
php_admin_value[error_log] = /home/$user/logs/domain_tld.php.error.log
The documentation here goes over how to do this:
How to Manage Your php.ini Directives with PHP-FPM - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
Configuration Values of PHP-FPM - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation