EasyApache Not Following disable_easyapache_builds

KD0IGO

Jan 13, 2012
St. Charles, MO
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
It looks like ever since the release of cPanel 11.32, EasyApache is no longer following the disable_easyapache_builds method to disable EasyApache during initial cPanel/WHM installations.

I've also performed the steps at EasyApache Hook Scripts under "Triggering a Failure"

/scripts/preeasyapache
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $file = '/etc/disable_easyapache_builds';
if (-e $file) {
   print "The admin has disabled me via $file\n";
   exit 1;
}
and
Code:
touch /etc/disable_easyapache_builds
I'm creating these files before I run the WHM/cPanel Installer. However, the installation still uses EasyApache to install Apache/PHP. We use separate scripts to install these and the initial installation of these packages is a huge timesink.

Am I going about disabling EasyApache initially the wrong way?

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It looks like ever since the release of cPanel 11.32, EasyApache is no longer following the disable_easyapache_builds method to disable EasyApache during initial cPanel/WHM installations.

I've also performed the steps at EasyApache Hook Scripts under "Triggering a Failure"

/scripts/preeasyapache
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $file = '/etc/disable_easyapache_builds';
if (-e $file) {
   print "The admin has disabled me via $file\n";
   exit 1;
}
and
Code:
touch /etc/disable_easyapache_builds
I'm creating these files before I run the WHM/cPanel Installer. However, the installation still uses EasyApache to install Apache/PHP. We use separate scripts to install these and the initial installation of these packages is a huge timesink.

Am I going about disabling EasyApache initially the wrong way?
Is your /scripts/preeasyapache script executable?

KD0IGO

Jan 13, 2012
St. Charles, MO
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Just updating this thread.

This is now working as intended. Not sure what's changed, went to run it on another installation of a VM and it worked without a problem. Although, I would recommend adding a command for resetting the terminal colors after the initial EasyApache build errors with exit code 256, and turning all future console text red until another color command if given.