The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easyapache php 4.4.2 & PDFLib

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by nickp666, May 16, 2006.

1. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

I have just upgraded PHP on one of our boxes using easyapache, a client had asked for pdflib so I compiled that in too, since the upgrade i have had to do a bit of work to get everything working again, I have Zend Optimiser compiled in (Manually) since I ran easyapache to upgrade to PHP 4.4.2 pear stopped working because of a problem with the include path, rather than edit the php.ini I just symlinked the folders it couldnt find when running the pear executable from the shell (The folders were 'Archive' and 'Console') which reside in /usr/lib/php yet the include path is set to /usr/local/lib/php this seems to have got pear running ok again, however the story is not the same for PDFlib, running a phpinfo() shows that the PDFLib extension is loaded however whenever trying to utilise it with the test script provided by PDFLib GMBH themselves, I recieve a 'Call to undefined function' error.

I figured that i'd try and manually install PDFLib from pecl, however because my /tmp directory is set to noexec that failed, I then manually downloaded the tgz and manually compiled it in with phpize & added the extension line to my php.ini, that all went ok but I still have the same error with 'Call to undefined function'

Does anyone have a workaround or a way to get this working, or am I missing something?

Any Help Greatly Appreciated.

2. dwolf77

dwolf77 Member

Did you ever get this solved? As I am having the same issue.

Thank you!

3. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

afraid not, pdflib gmbh themselves arent too much help for the "lite" version, I am going to buy the full featured version, I have it running on a dev box and it actually works lol

4. nettigritty

nettigritty Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

1. Login to SSH
    2. Make tmp and var/tmp exec

mount -v -o remount,exec /tmp
    mount -v -o remount,exec /var/tmp

3. No go ahead and install

pecl install <anything>

4 . And finally, make tmp and var/tmp noexec again

mount -v -o remount,noexec /tmp
    mount -v -o remount,noexec /var/tmp