The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache Profile

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Anthony_610, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Anthony_610

Anthony_610 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Would someone be able to provide me with an EasyApache profile file with the best setup for performance and security? I had one that I got from an old friend but that's highly outdated now and I actually lost it. The setup he sent me had AMAZING security and performance. All my websites were extremely secure and the page load times were awesome. If someone could provide me with a file I'd be highly grateful! Thank you!

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I will suggest you to compile your server as per your requirement. You can choose PHP modules which you want to install on server or as per your site requirement. Regarding security, I will suggest you to modify /usr/local/lib/php.ini file. That's the main file which is used for security of the PHP.

3. Anthony_610

Anthony_610 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I did but I'm looking for a preset profile with other options I didn't select that may make my website perform better or be more secure!

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    cPanel's Optimal Profile options should get you going in the right direction:
    Optimal profiles for other operating systems - cPanel Documentation

Using some older profile is probably not a great idea, depending on how old it is and the changes to EasyApache over time. Choosing an Optimal Profile to start out with is a good idea. Over time when you find you need something more added, you can create your own Custom Profile. If you don't need it, why have it there?