The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easyapache question first time use

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by tegralens, Apr 27, 2010.

1. tegralens

tegralens Member

I want to run easyapache to update my php. Im guessing that it will update it. My question is how safe is it and what happens if something goes wrong ?

Which one i I supposed to click on Build Profile now or Strat customizing based on profile ?

As you can tell I have not used it before.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Before it does anything that would affect your existing Apache and PHP installation, EasyApache backs up the current Apache and PHP. If the build fails for any reason, the backup will be restored. This has proven to be very reliable and extended downtime due to an EasyApache build failure is not common.

If you want to simply run EasyApache using the settings that were used the last time EasyApache was run, you would select [Build Profile Now]. However, you probably want to make some kind of change to either Apache or PHP, so you would select [Start customizing based on profile]. This will guide you through a series of pages that will allow you to select and deselect the different versions, modules and extensions that are available for Apache and PHP.

EasyApache produces very verbose output and logs its builds to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/easy/apache/. If a build failure occurs, EasyApache will submit a ticket directly to us on your behalf. If you include the root access credentials with the ticket that is submitted, we will log in and investigate the problem. If Apache is down due to a failure, it will receive emergency priority.

Extended outages due to EasyApache have become relatively uncommon, but you may want to run it during a non-peak business time, because compiling does use a large amount of CPU time and this can cause the server to perform sluggishly. Also, running it during a non-peak time will reduce the risk should an outage result. We do have support staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week should you need to submit a ticket for assistance with EasyApache.

3. tegralens

tegralens Member

Thank you I will do this tonight and see what happens.

4. tegralens

tegralens Member

Problem after update. I have opened a regular ticket 623585 because when I tried to send the ticket from the easyapache your system keep asking me to add the support access number but there was no where to add it on the ticket.