The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache question

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rodesignweb, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rodesignweb

rodesignweb Member

Hello,

Currently EA offers PHP 5.2.9, 5.2.10, 5.2.11 and PHP 5.3.1. I'm doing a migration from one machine to another and on the old machine I'm using PHP 5.2.6. How can I set the same version of PHP on the new machine since it's no longer available on EA?

2. garconcn

garconcn Well-Known Member

I don't know how to set PHP 5.2.6, but why not try other PHP 5.2.x versions? Your script should work fine if it works on 5.2.6. Be aware of 5.3.1, it may cause problem if you are using zencart or old version Joomla.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    It is not possible to specify a version no longer available in EasyApache; however, using the oldest available version, such as PHP 5.2.9 as of the time of writing, should offer the same compatibility for scripts that worked in PHP 5.2.6. For reasons of security and stability, if I were in the same situation I would be comfortable using the most recent release of PHP within the same version series (i.e., the latest of PHP 5.2.x).

I agree with garconcn in regard to trying other versions of PHP series 5.2 (e.g., 5.2.12); similarly, the only version I would be hesitant to upgrade immediately to is PHP series 5.3 (e.g., 5.3.1).