The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easyapache question

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by cortices, Dec 29, 2003.

1. cortices

cortices Well-Known Member

I am trying to update Apache to version 1.3.29 using easyapache, however after several attempts, I am still left with 1.3.28.

If I look in the buildapache/ directory, I can see the Apache 1.3.29 files there and I don't see any problems during the build process (though given the speed, I could have easily missed it). The only "new" option I"m using is PHP 4.3.4.

Are there any known issues? Anyone else having this problem?

2. jphilipson

jphilipson Well-Known Member

From your whm , under softwer... click the update backend scripts ... then re-run the easyapache... or just update cpanel to the latest and re-run it.

3. cortices

I already did this. I have the latest of everything and as I said, it is trying to update to 1.3.29 as the files are in the buildapache/ directory but it never happens for some reason.

4. cortices

Ok, I discovered that the problem is that when you try to install mod_perl with 1.3.29 the Apache build process fails (actually, it looks as if the error is in the mod_perl build, but that causes the larger Apache build to fail).

Is this a known issue? I haven't done any searching yet, but I will. If I find anything, I'll post it back here.