The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easyapache Rollback?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by wyattbiker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. wyattbiker

wyattbiker Member

Ive never done an easyapache update and I am a bit nervous. I have this new server from godaddy with WHM 11.28.52 but they configured PHP5.2xxx and Apache 2.0 instead of the latest 5.3xx and Apache 2.2 and missed out on some useful modules.

I want to add modules like GD and tomcat/java (I need the java support) and a few other useful php modules.

I went through the list studying each module available and only checking what I really need and upgrading Apache and PHP. I then saved the configuration but did not build yet. This is a small server with 1GB ram/CentOS.

I would appreciate any answers to my following questions.

1) Is there a rollback option from the command line if things don't start?

2) How long should i expect the rebuild process to take?

3) How do i know it finished it's job?

4) If I need a module not on the Exhaustive list (E.g. AuthAlias) how does one go about adding that through cPanel?

5) For WebDAV to work properly do I need to enable DAV and DAVFs?

6) Does Easypanel physically (in addition to Apache and modules) also compile PHP and and MySQL? What else does it compile outside of these? Does it compile Tomcat and Java if I select it?

7) Lastly, is there a module I need to add that prevents users when using FTP/SFTP to navigate outside their home folder accounts?

Thank you

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Well...I don't think its possible to revert everything back after a successful easyapache(?).

If anything go bad and easyapache don't finish running successfully, it will revert it to the previous settings automatically; give a read on how easyapache works from cpanel docs.

Since you need to upgrade the php&apache version, I guess it will take ~45-75(may take more time) minutes to complete easyapace, during which you may expect a few minutes of down time as it needs a few apache restarts in between. So make sure that, you will run this in off peak hours.

Yes, easy apache will compile everything listed in the ea3 interface(including PHP and the associated modules, but not mysql).

Well....it will show a message saying easyapache is completed at the end, and you will have a log file to check the whole process.

If you would like add any additional modules, you may install it from source/package and manually add the load module line into the conf file.

None of the users are allowed to access any files outside their homedir via FTP/SFTP, until you give permission ;no need to add any additional modules.

Thank you.

#2 NixTree, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010