The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache v3.2.0 not picking up previous MySQL config

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by carlaron, Dec 16, 2007.

1. carlaron

carlaron Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to STABLE WHM 11.11.0 with CPANEL 11.16.0 S18450.

The upgrade (including finally going from mbox to maildir with almost 400 email accounts) went very smoothly.

I was looking around WHM, and I see that Apache Update has been upgraded to EasyApache v3.2.0 as well.

Coming off the successful cpanel upgrade, I was going to rebuild Apache and add FreeType, which a client had recently requested. I also thought I might install the dual PHP4/PHP5 option as well.

I selected "Previously Saved Config" and started to go through the setup to rebuild Apache/PHP/MySQL, and it all seemed like it would work like the previous Apache Update.

What made me stop was that when I got to the Advanced Options, and the MySQL option was not pre-checked for me.

I vaguely recall that PHP can be configured either with the built in system MySQL or with a specific MySQL configuration... the details have left my memory, but I'm pretty sure that I just have PHP/MySQL set up in the default manner before, which I think is to use the built in system MySQL, so I'd have expected my "previous config" to already have that checked.

Does that just mean that EasyApache v3.2.0 was not able to completely read my previous configuration from an older version of Apache Update? Might there be other options that it left out too?

How can I be sure that I am setting up MySQL (and everything else) the same way that it is currently set up?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If it will help, I've posted the config info from phpinfo() below:
    './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-versioning' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-zlib'

#1 carlaron, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007