The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache with mod_auth_dbd

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jerrek71, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jerrek71

jerrek71 Active Member

Hi,
    I tried installing mod_auth_mysql onto WHM 11.26.16 but as it uses Apache 2.2.16 the module won't compile. I've found some information about it being deprecated now that 'apache supports mysql authentication internally' but I can't see how to activate that using EasyApache.

So I thought no drama I'll switch to using DBD.

So I compiled with mod_dbd and mod_authn_dbd. When I start Apache it fails with the following error;

DBD: Can't load driver file apr_dbd_mysql.so

Can anyone help?

Regards,
    Steve

2. jerrek71

jerrek71 Active Member

I think this is an easyapache bug, it's not building the required module.

Submitting a ticket :)

3. kegster

kegster Registered

So.. how did you solve this?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    While I cannot find a ticket for the issue in our system (there is no ticket referencing the error "DBD: Can't load driver file apr_dbd_mysql.so" in our system), I imagine that you might need to compile the MySQL driver for DBD:

apr_dbd_mysql-1.so Downloads - Linux Packages Search

You could wget the rpm for your distribution, then install that rpm to see if that might be the cause for the error. There may be other needed dependencies that will also have to be installed.

If you cannot find the right rpm for your architecture and OS (since I'm only seeing the 32-bit ones noted there not the 64-bit ones for CentOS), you can always do a search for apr-util-mysql-1.3.9 online to see if you can find any 64-bit versions.

5. jerrek71

jerrek71 Active Member

Well, that's embarrassing... This thread is 2 years old and I just hit the same problem - and no solution found on the net either - except that which Tristan posted... Which goes part way to fix it, but not fully.

Installing the apr_dbd_mysl package gives you apr_dbd_mysql.so which is needed - but it doesn't put it where easyapache's httpd binary expects to find it, which is under /usr/local/apache/lib/ - so initially I just copied the .so there and retried.

No dice. You need to copy the whole apr-util-1 directory, including the apr_dbd_mysql.so library to /usr/local/apache/lib. Once you do that, it works.

If easyapache could do this it'd be great ;)

Anyway, for anyone else searching for this (or me, next time I recompile using easyapache!) here's (finally) the answer

Konaras likes this.