The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easyapache

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by n_kruse, May 25, 2003.

1. n_kruse

n_kruse Well-Known Member

Excuse me for my ignorance!

I am totally new to Cpanel. I have read many threads about the /scripts/easyapache. I have read to log into as 'root' which I am assuming is the same thing as 'su'. I use Putty to administer the server. I have tried running script/easyapache/ and it says scripts started or something of that nature.

Here is the ignorance part.

I have absolutely no idea that it is working the directory shows easyapache* (all in green).

But again when I run it nothing happens except for the statement, I have seen posts that talk about entering options but I don't see where I enter the scripts, can someone point me in the direction of documentation on this feature. I have to php modules I need to install mhash and gd_lib. Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Sorry for the newbie thing, but I am quickly liking Cpanel over both Plesk and Ensim.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Are you waiting a little while before quitting? When you run the script, it has to download the program from the cpanel website before you do any configuring.

3. n_kruse

n_kruse Well-Known Member

Casey,

Thanks, apparently I was not waiting long enough. It moved right along this time. However, originally I was looking to installed mhash php module and I did not see it there. Is it called something else or will it have to be done the manual way?

4. donnie

donnie Active Member

Be sure you should be in the /scripts directory

You can execute any script using following syntax :

./scriptname - i.e. in your case type ./easyapache instead of just easyapache.

Or

from any location type /scripts/easyapache and it will do the trick. The star next to any file means that it is executable.

Donnie