The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by ntsinc, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ntsinc

ntsinc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In looking at EasyApache source, it only references the cPanel site one time for a callback which is supposed to report how it ran.

buildap.cpanel.net

Nowhere in there does it mention downloading the files from the cPanel Servers, yet I know that it does this. I realize that generally speaking, it is never recommended to root around the code at the core of cPanel, but for the functionality that I am searching for it is essential.

Where exactly is this crucial callback that I am looking for?

2. KostonConsulting

KostonConsulting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The Cpanel::Easy::Apache modules are built into cpsrvd so you won't be able to check the source. Maybe if you can provide more details about what you're trying to accomplish, we can provide more assistance. Are you looking to substitute a different download server for your apache sources?

3. ntsinc

ntsinc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That is exactly what I am looking to do.

4. KostonConsulting

KostonConsulting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not able to track it to the source so it looks like someone at cPanel will have to help out if that's something they're willing to provide. However, I did notice by monitoring network traffic that my test server connects to the same server (cPanel update mirror) each time to stat fetching updates. You may be able to modify your hosts file for the update server you are connecting to (though this will likely prevent cPanel updates).

If you're looking to ease network traffic for your local machines, you may want to contact cPanel about hosting an update server at your location.