isarant

Registered
Oct 20, 2016
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I wanted an advice regarding the profile I should choose for EA4. I got cPanel in a VPS with the following specs:
  • 4 Cores
  • SSD HDD
  • 4GB Ram
  • Centos7
  • cPanel v60
and it will be used to host around 25-30 websites.

So far, I have been using EA3 with Ruid2, suPHP. Which profile should I choose at EA4? cPanel Worker MPM or cPanel Default + MPM ITK ? Note that some website do have custom php.ini files and custom .htaccess files so they need to work.

Thank you

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
So far, I have been using EA3 with Ruid2, suPHP. Which profile should I choose at EA4? cPanel Worker MPM or cPanel Default + MPM ITK ? Note that some website do have custom php.ini files and custom .htaccess files so they need to work.
Hello @isarant,

Mod_Ruid2 isn't compatible with suPHP. It's likely that Mod_Ruid2 isn't active on your system if you have enabled suPHP. You can verify this using the instructions at:

How to Configure PHP and suEXEC from the Command Line - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

A custom profile is generated when migrating to EasyApache 4. The process is documented at:

The EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4 Migration Process - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

In particular, note the following section regarding suPHP:

SuPHP and migration to EasyApache 4
In cPanel & WHM version 60 and above, EasyApache 4 attempts to migrate the php.ini files on the system to an EasyApache 4 compatible format. In order for a user's php.ini file to migrate successfully, all of the following must be true:

• The system is attempting to migrate from EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4.
  • The system's default PHP version must use the suPHP handler.
  • One or more .htaccess files must exist in the user's home directory.
  • Each .htaccess file must contain a properly configured suPHP_ConfigPath directive.
  • The suPHP_ConfigPath directory must contain a php.ini file.
  • The php.ini file specified in the suPHP_ConfigPath directive must exist in the user's home directory.
If the migration completes successfully, the system renames the original php.ini file to php.ini.ea3.bak. Comments in the original php.ini file are not retained in the converted file.
Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

isarant

Registered
Oct 20, 2016
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Lets asume its a new VPS server with the specs I wrote. What should I use regardings workers / handler? I am a little confused :). The only requirement is the need for custom php.ini and custom .htaccess.

Thank you

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Lets asume its a new VPS server with the specs I wrote. What should I use regardings workers / handler? I am a little confused :). The only requirement is the need for custom php.ini and custom .htaccess.
Hello,

The following document will help you to determine which MPM works best on your system:

Multi-Processing Modules - MPMs - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Regarding php.ini customization, you will want to select suPHP if you want users to have the option of customizing their php.ini files. This is documented at:

The cPanel PHPRC PHP Patch for EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.