Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache4 and template question

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by isarant, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. isarant

isarant Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I wanted an advice regarding the profile I should choose for EA4. I got cPanel in a VPS with the following specs:
    • 4 Cores
    • SSD HDD
    • 4GB Ram
    • Centos7
    • cPanel v60
    and it will be used to host around 25-30 websites.

So far, I have been using EA3 with Ruid2, suPHP. Which profile should I choose at EA4? cPanel Worker MPM or cPanel Default + MPM ITK ? Note that some website do have custom php.ini files and custom .htaccess files so they need to work.

Thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @isarant,

Mod_Ruid2 isn't compatible with suPHP. It's likely that Mod_Ruid2 isn't active on your system if you have enabled suPHP. You can verify this using the instructions at:

How to Configure PHP and suEXEC from the Command Line - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

A custom profile is generated when migrating to EasyApache 4. The process is documented at:

The EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4 Migration Process - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

In particular, note the following section regarding suPHP:

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

3. isarant

isarant Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Lets asume its a new VPS server with the specs I wrote. What should I use regardings workers / handler? I am a little confused :). The only requirement is the need for custom php.ini and custom .htaccess.

Thank you

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The following document will help you to determine which MPM works best on your system:

Multi-Processing Modules - MPMs - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Regarding php.ini customization, you will want to select suPHP if you want users to have the option of customizing their php.ini files. This is documented at:

The cPanel PHPRC PHP Patch for EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.