EasyApache4 Force Rebuild

Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
With EasyApache3 rebuilding was cake as it redid the whole process. With 4, being so modular I am not seeing it being rebuilt in its entirety. I have a build issue somewhere and would simply like to force a rebuild of Apache2 altogether. How do I accomplish this with EasyApache4?

dalem

PartnerNOC
Oct 24, 2003
SLC
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
there is none you can build another profile and than go back it would do it sort of but you would still likely have the same issue or you can do a yum reinstall ea rpms

Best to go through the build using the customize link and see where the conflict is

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello,

You can update your packages via the following command when using EasyApache 4:

Code:
yum update
Let us know if the EasyApache 4 FAQ - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation document is helpful, or if you encounter specific issues when configuring your EasyApache profile.

Thank you.

Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider

wizzy420

Nov 13, 2007
EA4 is based on distributed rpm files.

There is no "rebuilding" like in EA3.

All versions of Apache, modules, PHP, etc. are pre-built RPM packages. So when you go through and select all that stuff the only thing that happens are yum removes/adds anything as needed and Apache is restarted.

The only way to "reinstall" would be to go though EA4, deselect a package, it will be removed, then go through and re-select, then it will be re-added. Not sure that accomplishes much.

Reactions: Kent Brockman

Kent Brockman

Jan 20, 2008
Buenos Aires, Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are you sure Apache is restarted after provisioning via EA4? I noticed when you go to Apache Status screen and watch the Apache uptime: it is not reset like when you run "httpd -k restart". Anyway, the changes are made. How come? :confused:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Reactions: Kent Brockman