The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache4 on new install

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by sparek-3, Jun 20, 2016.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am currently still installing cPanel 54 on new server setups (I like stability over new features), and this may have changed for cPanel 56. I am hoping to start digging into cPanel 56 soon.

Is there a way to tell the cPanel installer to use EasyApache4 during a new cPanel install, without having to go through the compile process of EasyApache4 first?

The cPanel installer has been sped up considerably over the past few versions. Still compiling Apache and PHP is still a time consuming part of the cPanel install process. And then if you want to use EasyApache4 (which currently I am not using that either, but I do recognize the deployment speed up that the RPM based EasyApache4 process would have) you have to run the server through the EA3-to-EA4 conversion.

It would seem that just being able to define an EasyApache4 profile before starting the cPanel installation, and then the cPanel installer installing Apache based on that profile would save a lot of time.

Like I said, I haven't dipped into cPanel 56 yet, maybe EasyApache4 is default in cPanel 56. Or perhaps EasyApache4 isn't quite ready to be the default yet. I know there's still some integration questions about EasyApache4 and CloudLinux. But getting away from compiling any software would seem to be a major speed up in upgrade and deployment time, so I'm looking forward to EasyApache4 becoming the standard.

2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi sparek-3,

EA4 is the default stack in v58, which we hope will be hitting the CURRENT tier next week. This is the only version you can have EA4 by default, and it also allows pre-configuration of profiles before installation as well.

I hope this helps!

3. sparek-3

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So for a new cPanel 54 or cPanel 56 install, if we want EasyApache4, we'd first have to let the cPanel installer compile Apache and then run the EA3 -> EA4 conversion script?

If so, that's fine, I just wanted to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly.

4. cPJacob

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Yep, that's correct!

5. sparek-3

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Some what related to this, is there a way to define a default EasyApache3 profile - before installing cPanel, so that the cPanel installer will use that default profile when building Apache with EasyApache3 during the cPanel install process?

If you know that you are immediately going to install Apache, PHP, ModSecurity, etc from EasyApache4 right after the cPanel install finishes, it might speed up the cPanel install if we didn't have to compile PHP, ModSecurity, suPHP, etc.

Just a thought.

6. cPJacob

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    There sure is! Check out our Installation Guides for that info: Installation Guide - Customize Your Installation - Documentation - cPanel Documentation