The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache4 with CloudFlare

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by HostT, Sep 15, 2016.

1. HostT

HostT Member

I was able to find the link to cPanel docs for setting up CloudFlare's mod_cloudflare (in thread link at bottom) ... but I have a few concerns about this i'm hoping you guys can look into or provide more information on.

The repository seems to be stored under someone's personal account, and I did find the GitHub repo here:
    GitHub - JPerkster/ea-apache24-mod_cloudflare

Which I opened an issue on regardings two IP blocks that are being included in the cloudflare.conf file, which CloudFlare says is not theirs (or are ones they are not using):
    Please explain these unknown IP blocks in CloudFlare config · Issue #5 · JPerkster/ea-apache24-mod_cloudflare · GitHub

I would just like to try and confirm some of this information, because, as we all know ... you can never be too careful in this world.

If everything is legit, my apologizes, just trying to make sure we keep this community as safe as possible :)

Also, my assumption is that JPerkster (Jacob Perkins) is affiliated with cPanel, being as though he's in Houston and all research I found leads back to prove this is the case (it's his GitHub and OpenSuse repo these are hosted on).

This thread:
    mod_cloudflare and easyapache4

Which points to this cPanel documentation link:
    Apache Module: CloudFlare - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

2. HostT

HostT Member

Welllll ... after posting this thread, I saw the latest pinned post from user cPJacob which is clearly an admin on here and the owner of those repos ... sorry Jacob, just trying to keep everyone safe!

3. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hehe, I just saw this forum post :D

Those are older IPs that they no longer used. They do route to their networks, but I guess they aren't being used in their CDNs any longer. I'll remove those IPs in my next update.

Thanks for the heads up!

4. HostT

HostT Member

Yup no problem, thanks for the quick reply, that was my thought originally after looking up ARIN and doing a traceroute.

Thanks for releasing this, I was about to have to deal with upgrading to EA4 and then realizing I need to use `mod_remoteip` or something until `mod_cloudflare` was available (thankfully i didn't have to go that route)