The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache4 Won't Respond to 'y'

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by SDSurfer, Nov 6, 2016.

1. SDSurfer

SDSurfer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    WHM over GoDaddy VPS

CENTOS 6.6 x86_64 virtuozzo – ip-50-62-164-199
    WHM 60.0 build 15
    PHP 5.6.27
    mySQL 5.6
    Default PHP version in WHM -> Configure PHP and suExec = 5 (relates to first warn)

I'm attempting to upgrade to EasyApache4 per the instructions here:

How to Install or Uninstall EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

SSH via Putty, su as root (can't log in directly as root with G.D.,) it won't get past the first warning, attached. I've tried y, 'y', YES, 'YES' and nothing works. What's up?

Code:
    As of cPanel & WHM version 58, EasyApache 4 is stable and ready for production. For more information, read our EasyApache 4 documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4).
    By continuing, you agree that you understand the following information:
      - While the system runs the migration script, some of cPanel & WHMâs features may not operate.
      - Wait for the system to complete the script before you attempt any other actions on your server.
      - If you revert to EasyApache3, the system automatically rebuilds PHP. This may take 15 - 30 minutes or longer to complete.
      - You are currently running PHP v5.6. Converting to EA4 will attempt to set your default PHP version to v5.6. Use the MultiPHP Manager in WHM to change this after the conversion.
      - Do you wish to continue? [y/n](Please answer 'y' or 'n')

easy-apache-4.jpg

#1 SDSurfer, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
  2. SDSurfer

SDSurfer Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Never mind, has I known it was a Perl script i would have chased it myself . . . . to avoid hacking it I used the --y option. I don't see a solved function anywhere here.

I'd have preferred not to, but something is hosed up, probably in the Prompt module.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you elaborate on what happened when you entered "y" and pressed the enter key? Did it hang, or just not accept the value?

Thank you.