Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Probably not downtime, but I would never suggest you run mission critical sites on EDGE. Usability issues more than anything else, those "new features" you mentioned. :)

Don't move to EDGE if you're new to managing a server and don't have time to stay on top of changes as they roll out.

sznapsj

Dec 14, 2015
Orlando
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Still on the fence, there is live sites on the server but i'm the only one that actually uses cPanel/WHM, clients don't use it as I manage their sites. Been a cPanel admin for 8 years. Really want to use new features, but can't have sites go offline.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
New Still on the fence, there is live sites on the server but i'm the only one that actually uses cPanel/WHM, clients don't use it as I manage their sites. Been a cPanel admin for 8 years. Really want to use new features, but can't have sites go offline.
Hello :)

You can wait for cPanel version 54 to reach the additional build tiers if you are worried about the potential bugs you may encounter. This document explains the different build tiers:

cPanel & WHM Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.