The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edge build changelog ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by katmai, Feb 20, 2007.

1. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

hi cpanel guys. this one goes directly to you. i know it's pretty hard to keep up with the changelog as long as there are so many changes in the edge build, but, i as many others run the edge version of cpanel, we like it, we submit bugs and try to make it better.

without a proper changelog, we pretty much don't know where to look in order to test new features or check if the features that were fixed generated new bugs.

Ken knows what i'm talking about here :)

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Normally I would point you to the changelog on our website, but checked and it hasn't been updated for a while :(

I'll talk to the maintainer of it and see if somethign can happen....

3. dcdigital

dcdigital Member

I'm seconding that request. We have a server we're running 11 on - mostly developing/prepping the server for use in the weeks ahead, but also with a few clients using the server as their dev location for items that we need Apache2 for. It's been a bit frustrating not knowing what's changed and what hasn't between updates. We don't want to waste time testing things we know are already bugs over and over....an up2date changelog would be wonderful! We do understand it's annoying to have to stop "actual dev work" to document the changes made, but anything you can give would be very much appreciated by us users I'm sure.

PS- Do you know if the cPanel SSL manager has been fixed? As of a couple weeks back it wasn't working, but that our impression was that this was a "known issue still to be addressed".

#3 dcdigital, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  4. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

changelog is very important at least for the people running the edge build. it also helps you guys, the developers, because we are testing the stuff and then submitting feedbacks. the update would be great,