The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDGE change affecting RELEASE tier server?

Discussion in 'Security' started by kbuser, Oct 8, 2012.

1. kbuser

kbuser Well-Known Member

Our current version of WHM is 11.32.5 build 11.
    As of the 5th our EXIM has apparently opened itself to relay in some fashion. Our mail queue is now over 50,000 on one server, and 30,000 on another.
    We have our release tier set to RELEASE. I looked in the change log and found this recent change, the version I'm supposedly using.
    2012-10-03
    Fixed case 61548: Patch Roundcube to use the default skin correctly when the configured skin is not available.

It didn't seem like that change would have this impact on our servers, and it didn't really match up with the time the flood of messages in the queue started. On a whim I checked the change log for other versions and found this.
    2012-10-05
    Fixed case 60985: Switch back to EXIM 4.80-0 to address compatibility concerns with legacy EXIM port configurations.

Looking at the date of the messages in the mail queue, they start on 10-5-2012 around 12:30 PM, which matches up with this EDGE release. I'm tempted to try a version roll back, but considering I shouldn't be using anything from 11.33 to begin with, I'm very confused as to what to do and how to prevent things like this from happening in the future. My servers are now blocked on several spam lists and our services being impeded by what appears to be a mistake on your end.

The exim config doesn't appear to have changed. How can I undo these changes and ensure they don't happen again?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please submit a ticket about this issue for us to investigate further. The ticket system is the best location to inform us about a possible defect as well as to get quick assistance.

A ticket can be submitted using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the ticket number here after opening one for tracking purposes.

Thanks!