[EDGE] Frontpage extensions dont work

mehrdad abed

Mar 18, 2006
Hi

I've upgraded whm to new version 11 and apache to version 2 as well, now my customers cant use frontpage extensions anymore, it says the server doesn't support fp ext or so. i reinstalled also removed and installed fp over a test account but it didn't make any changes and none of the account are not able to user fp yet.

any ideas ?

Silver_2000

Mar 31, 2002
You could check the PHP info to see if frontpage is listed

while you are figuring that out google for frontpage extensions and security issues

Microsoft stopped updating FP over a year ago and there have been a number of FP based exploits since then

mehrdad abed

Mar 18, 2006
i found some trace in phpinfo :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SERVER_SIGNATURE <address>Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7f mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at domain.com Port 80</address>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there any option i should have checked while installing the apache ?

Last edited:

mehrdad abed

Mar 18, 2006
how could i check if fp is installed properly or not ? and is there any specific instruction to install fp manually in Cpanel ?

Spiral

BANNED
Jun 24, 2005
Frontpage is officially dead, no longer supported, and no longer
being manufactured, updated, or distributed. Technically nobody
is supposed to be using it anymore effective last December.

The newer Apache versions don't support Frontpage and it is
only a matter of time before Cpanel removes all Frontpage
extensions from the system completely.

My recommendation would be to remove the Frontpage extensions
and switch over to DAV which is what Microsoft's new product uses,
the one designed to fill the gap left by Frontpage being discontinued.

mehrdad abed

Mar 18, 2006
Thank you for the information.
Anyway, Is DAV compatible with frontpage 2000 and 2003? And would you please let me know if it could be installed on cpanel automatically or manually ?