The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Edit DNS Zone" Loads very slow for Reseller Account

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by hereiam, Nov 10, 2007.

1. hereiam

hereiam Member

Hello,

I have following WHM/CPanel :
    WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.11.0-S16999
    REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
    Perl, v5.8.8 built for i686-linux
    PHP 4.4.7 (cli)
    Zend Engine v1.3.0
    ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32
    eAccelerator v0.9.5.1
    Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0
    Zend Optimizer v3.2.2

I have a problem, when I login into whm using the reseller login details, then go to the following section in WHM : Main >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone.

It loads very slow and following is the error found in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

Sat Nov 10 21:21:22 2007 warn [Cpanel::AcctUtils]: Unable to access cPanel user file /var/cpanel/users/root: No such file or directory at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Logger.pm line 35
    Cpanel::Logger::cplog('Unable to access cPanel user file /var/cpanel/users/root: No suc...', 'warn', 'Cpanel::AcctUtils', 1) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AcctUtils.pm line 35
    Cpanel::AcctUtils::getowner('root') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/AcctInfo.pm line 28
    Whostmgr::AcctInfo::checkowner('reseller user', 'root') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 4093
    main::dnslist('/scripts/editzone', 'Dns Zone Editor', 'Choose a Zone to Edit', 'Edit') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 3933
    main::editdnslist() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 405

2. BlueZebra

BlueZebra Well-Known Member

#grep resellername /var/cpanel/resellers
    and check if he has the privilege to edit-dns

3. hereiam

hereiam Member

Following is the output
    [root@server56 users]# grep paneka /var/cpanel/resellers
    paneka:list-accts,show-bandwidth,suspend-acct,passwd,create-acct,edit-mx,frontpage,res-cart,
    kill-acct,upgrade-account,create-dns,edit-dns,kill-dns,add-pkg,edit-pkg,stats,disallow-shell,
    viewglobalpackages,allow-addoncreate,allow-parkedcreate,allow-unlimited-pkgs,status,
    edit-account,limit-bandwidth,quota,demo-setup

4. tukaramg

tukaramg Member

To get this issue resolved. Please check the cpanel update from your WHM >> Update Preferences and make surethat it your cpanel is updated with STABLE Builds (Manual Update Only)

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is the reseller's WHM login password the same as the root password for WHM for this machine? If so, can you please try changing the reseller password to a different one to see the results?