The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit DNS Zone or DNS server (BIND)

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by blogipid, Mar 4, 2006.

1. blogipid

blogipid Registered

Hi there,
    I'm having problems with one of my domains and I think it has something to do with some random difficulty I had when I actually registered it and transferred it to my old host (and now here).

Without going into too much detail I've had this domain for 3 months and have never been able to get certain applications to run on it, specifically indexing the site for an onsite search.

It's not the applications that are not working, they work fine on all of my other domains. I think it's the domain itself. I'm wondering what I can do to "reset" my domain so it functions properly. I saw a few tools in WHM however I don't what to fiddle about with them without knowing what they do. What do the DNS funtions do in WHM? And what about the DNS Server (BIND) function in the restarting services area of WHM? Could I use any of these tools to fix my one domain or are there any other suggestions as how I can go about doing this?

Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

Eric Seminara

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Running the domain thru dnsreport.com and dnsstuff.com can show errors that exist.

Otherwise hard to offer solutions without actually having a domain name.

3. blogipid

blogipid Registered

Thanks Sawbuck, I'll give that a whirl.
    e.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You could also use the DNS zone edit option in WHM to compare a domain that you know is working correctly with the one you know is not working and see if you spot any obvious differences.

5. blogipid

blogipid Registered

Thanks webignition, I went over and did that and saw no initial differences however I'm going to print a few out and compare details.

Eric.