The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit Package Feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by santame, Mar 15, 2005.

1. santame

santame Active Member

Quick question please...

I am only offering one hosting package on my server (and wish to continue to only offer one). Currently it allows for up to 20 subdomains per account. I have about 250 accounts and many have set up subdomains.

However, I no longer wish to allow them to set up subdomains. If I use the Edit Package feature and change the allowed subdomains from 20 to 0, will that only efect new accounts or will it disable all current accounts who are currently using them, too?

I do not wish to block existing ones, only new clients from this point forward. Any help on this is appreciated.

2. Cacho

Cacho Member

Yikes I'm not quite sure. Why not just create another package and use that for new clients?

3. santame

santame Active Member

I really do not want to do that unless the answer is that editing this feature will indeed block all access to subdomains already set up. Does anyone know if that is what will happen? I appreciate any help. :) Thanks for your time.

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if you modify a package, it applies modifications to accounts using it.

Create a package allowing 2 subdomains, create a dummy account and set up 2 subdomains, then change that package and you will know for sure.

That's what I do when I'm wondering something. I just test it in a real life sample.

5. santame

santame Active Member

Thank you for the suggetsion! I will try that!