mahdy_sharifi

Feb 26, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
my server with EA4 + CL , when I change system php , this change not apply to server and website , for example I change output_buffering from "no value" to "4096" but this not can see on the site when use phpinfo(); (Cloudlinux check server and told this not related CL)

I edit system php ini :
/opt/cpanel/ea-php55/root/etc/php.ini
/opt/cpanel/ea-php55/root/etc/php.ini
/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.ini

thanks

mahdy_sharifi

Feb 26, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
after edit this file : /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/local.ini , system php now working. but now , user can't edit php in php.ini editor because not apply. !

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Here's a copy of the response I recently sent on the EA4 php.ini/local.ini behavior thread:

Hello,

Here's a quick overview of how this works for anyone else visiting this thread. I'll use PHP 7 in this example, but the same behavior applies to any PHP version in EasyApache 4.

1. By default, no local.ini exists within the /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.d/ directory.
2. I browse to "WHM Home » Software » MultiPHP INI Editor » Basic Mode ", choose ea-php70, and make a change to a PHP directive (let's say enabling allow_url_fopen).
3. Once I save the changes, /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.d/local.ini is created and includes this change:

Code:
# grep allow_url_fopen /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.d/local.ini
allow_url_fopen = On
4. Assuming suPHP is configured as the PHP handler for PHP 7, and no local php.ini files exist under the account, allow_url_fopen correctly shows "On" in a PHPINFO file under a test account.

5. I then create a copy of /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.ini with allow_url_fopen set to "Off" to /home/$user/public_html/php.ini.

6. When refreshing the PHPINFO page for the account, allow_url_fopen is still set to "On", despite the local php.ini file's setting.

This is by design. If I want this option "Off", I must add the following line to the account's .htaccess file:

Code:
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/$user/public_html/php.ini
Once I do this, the option then reflects the value defined in the account's php.ini file. Here's the link to the document that explains how this works:

The cPanel PHPRC PHP Patch for EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.
Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.