The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing Ban Features

Discussion in 'Security' started by GaryT, Oct 31, 2010.

1. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

I'm confused on this and not sure where to start of:

CSF
    Mod_Security

The people we host they sue software such as IPB and VB, My main issue is IPB, Now if a user fails there login it gets a timer and such before the next attempt ect, But if they use .htaccess logins, and they fail it, They get a server ban.

What can I do to prevent this happening, Also do you know where in CSF, so that the failed cPanel login does not permenant ban, Just tempory disable the login.

#1 GaryT, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This question is asked and answered on the ConfigServer Scripts Forum - Index page multiple times I'm sure. Just search for temp ban or permanent ban, one or the other should get you going.

As for your settings, they are well marked and you can surely find the settings you're looking to change easy enough.

GL!

3. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

The problem is with LFD - When enabled then then ban features run from this, I just need to edit the config to let cPanel use its own ban features for wrong logins and such.

Same goes with .htaccess, This is also part of LFD, Now the only downfall is, The LFD for this cannot be edited in the config file within whm > csf ! Unless I'm missing something.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you open your CSF config page in WHM, and search the page for this word:
    LF_TRIGGER
    you should find a whole section listing items that can be enabled or disabled and if they should be temp or perm bans for the trigger.