The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing bandwidth warning message template

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike N, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Mike N

Mike N Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd like to add a short message in the bandwidth warning message to my clients, with a link for them to open a support request if they have questions about the warning, or to request an increase in their bandwidth allowance.

I see the template at /usr/local/cpanel/src/templates/bandwidth_limit/main.default

If I copy it to /var/cpanel/templates/bandwidth_limit/main.default and edit it there, will that over-ride the default template?

Is this the proper method to edit the contents of the auto-generated message that they receive?

Thanks!

2. activa

activa Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Mike N

Mike N Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually, that is how to edit the server's 509 error message page. It doesn't address my question of how to properly edit the template for the email that is sent to clients when they are close to their bandwidth limit.

Thank you, though.

#3 Mike N, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The bandwidth warning email template is located within the following directory:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/src/templates/bandwidth_limit/
    You will need to copy the directory of the specific template you want to edit to "/var/cpanel/templates/" to avoid changes being overwritten by cPanel updates. EX:

Code:
    cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/src/templates/bandwidth_limit /var/cpanel/templates/
    You would then edit the "main.default" file within "/var/cpanel/templates/bandwidth_limit".

Thank you.

5. ergonetsam

ergonetsam Registered

I've followed this exactly but still it makes no difference to what the system sends out. I want a very simple change so that instead of the statement "Your message will go nowhere" it at least suggests getting in touch with the administration - talk about a lost sales lead!!

So I changed it in all 3 places as given above but to no avail. :(

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The method described in my previous reply is the correct method to edit the template. If it's not working properly, could you submit a support ticket so we can investigate further? You can open a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.