Editing Content of Table Cells

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
No clue what you're up to. If I had a database with something in it that I wanted to edit manually, I'd open phpMyAdmin from within my cPanel, find the table, content, and edit as I needed.

I'm assuming that's your goal here too. But then you go and mention config.inc.php which makes me wonder if you're attempting to install your own version of phpMyAdmin.

Last edited:

fivethirty

Apr 2, 2015
New York City
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Well, that was the case with the traditional version of GoDaddy. However, now that they've moved it to new servers and are forcing you to use cPanel all this ease of handling the fields is gone. The need for config.inc.php came from the link which you gave me. Some code has to be put in to allow said editing.

Now, what I did so far, as per the instructions in the link you gave, I tried with this config.inc. php, placed in public_html:
Code:
<?php

$i=0;
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']  = 'username';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']  = 'password'; // use here your password
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']  = 'config';

$cfg['ProtectBinary']  = 'false';
$cfg['ShowFunctionFields']  = 'false';
$cfg['ShowFieldTypesInDataEditView'] = 'true';

?>
Tried both the ftp username and password and the username and password of the database but still no luck. I see the warning:

This table does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available.

Obviously these have to become available somehow.

Last edited by a moderator: