The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing files?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by DaveTomneyUK, Sep 1, 2010.

1. DaveTomneyUK

DaveTomneyUK Member

I am wanting to enable - ZIP, GZIP, BZIP in phpMyAdmin and I search this forum and someone said edit this file - /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

My problem is I have no idea how to view that file using cPanel and WHM... Is there a file manager or editor to edit the config.inc.php file?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Must be edited from the shell as root

This file is not accessible via the cPanel File Manager, which is restricted to only the files in a particular cPanel account. Files in the /usr/local/cpanel directory structure need to be edited from the shell as root, using an editor such as vi or nano.

If you use nano, be sure to use the -w switch to avoid potentially serious problems caused by word wrapping.

There is no provision for editing files in /usr/local/cpanel, or in any place other than users' accounts, using the cPanel interface. You will need to log in as root via SSH and use a text editor.

3. DaveTomneyUK

DaveTomneyUK Member