The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing SMS info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twhiting9275, Nov 12, 2002.

1. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2002
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, so here's the problem, and I'm sure this can be solved somehow.
    I manage a variety of servers for individuals, secure, update, blah blah blah. Part of doing this is being around and on call so that if problems come up w/ CP (or related features), I'm sent an email or sms so that I can attempt to find out what's the problem, if it actually IS a problem, etc.
    I've entered the correct info into WHM for SMS, and I'm GETTING the SMS info, and that's the problem. From new accounts, upgrades, all kinds of useless stuff that I don't need to be getting (phone goes off 5-10 times a night in the early AM because of these). Is there a way to STOP sending these and just the important stuff (IE: cpanel failed, restart was attempted automagically)? I know it'd help me sleep a li'l better at night.
  2. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2002
    You could always use an outside monitoring service that checks the server frequently...then calls/pages you when there is a problem...then in the AM you can go through the other messages sent by CPanel.