The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

elink 3.2 question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darrell262, May 11, 2004.

1. Darrell262

Darrell262 Registered

Hi, I know this is probley not the right place, but I don't know anywhere else to ask, and my hosting ( http://www.dynamohosting.net/ ) service guy doesnt know either.

He runs the E Link 3.2 Enhanced skin for his cppanel remote web service.

When I log into it, I can see how much bandwidth I've used for the month.

I was wondering if there is a way to display this number on my webpage, I would like to display how much bandwidth I've used for the month on my webpage, and then also use some simple php code to switch servers back to my old server when I am running low (I can figure this out)

Is there a variable to do this? php or any other way?

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

It is possible to link Webalizer to the public directory, your hosting provider can do this for you.

3. DynamoHosting

DynamoHosting Member

Darrell,

Unfortunately, cpanel cannot show that bandwidth usage from what you see in the control panel on your site. That is run by a cpanel API command and can only be run from within cpanel, so it wouldnt work in html on on a normal site (requires things such as authentication).

Also, we do not run webalizer, we run AWstats, so what kris1351 mentioned wont work. We only run AWstats to eliminate confusion of multiple stats applications and we feel it is a better stats analyzer. Unfortunately AWstats cannot run outside as well.

From what I understand, you want to show people on your site how much bandwidth you use, so at this point the best way would to just add up each month for 3-6 months and show a average.

Or you could write a php script that opens a txt file everytime someone downloads a movie file and adds the data usage. This way you could have a reading script that will display total downloads and bandwidth usage. I believe there are several available in the PHP section at www.hotscripts.com , and they would not require much effort to setup.

Let me know if you need anything.

#3 DynamoHosting, May 12, 2004
    Last edited: May 12, 2004