The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

::Elink Skin ::

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by webmotion, Mar 10, 2003.

1. webmotion

webmotion Well-Known Member

I would like to introduce my new skin for Cpanel. I’ve been working on it for a while. If there is enough of a demand, I will make a few different versions on this one available. There will be a few added modules, including a support ticket system module along with a few others, even a music player (if desired). The interfaces you see in the image below all work within certain Flash files. This makes it easier to navigate around the control panel because the menu itself expands and retracts as it is being navigated, as well as being based in a frame-set. N0 more back and forth navigation. I will have a demo available soon. Please feel free to post your comments.

Thanks,

Web

http://www.fishpick.com/elink.htm

#1 webmotion, Mar 10, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2003
  2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Very nice!!

3. acompsolutions

Skin

Nice Skin man! I heard about those fishpick guys, they gonna be players in this market I hear, anyway nice skin, when do you think a live demo will be available?

4. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

VERY NICE!! I may be interested in this. Demo! :)

5. webmotion

Should have a demo online within the next ten days. Im testing it as we speak.

~web

6. FleZ

FleZ Registered

I like the icons, did you do them?

7. spiraltechnics

spiraltechnics Active Member

Its a nice skin although its Kinda boring and it lacks flavor....

8. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Nice skin :) - would be great in other colors as well.

John

9. webmotion

Thanks everyone for the compliments and suggestions; I will be getting a bit more radical with the content. This concept is for our company, carrying our theme throughout the site and all CP interfaces. I am working on some more neutral themes based upon simple triad and complementary colors. So any skin developed would fit with most existing brands.. The GUI’s are based more on usability, functionality and over all design. Rather then unnecessary visual content. The total page size is less then 52k which would load quickly even on a 56.6k dial-up. I feel that usability and functionality was important just because it’s a control panel, not a website. :)

#9 webmotion, Mar 13, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2003
  10. FleZ

FleZ Registered

Please tell me;)

11. webmotion

No... I did not design the icons seen in the interface. If you looking for icons I would start here:
    http://www.wincustomize.com/

There are also numerous commercial CD's available for purchase.

12. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

Yeah that is a good place to start. Those icons in this skin are the ones from the ensim skins that are all over that I have seen.

13. spiraltechnics

Ok at first I wondered about this, now I believe its true.

acompsolutions = webmotion

He is going around to evey thread and posting links to his own thread marketing his own skin. I find this very decieving and an unethical business practice. Posing as someone else to obtain market value and to provide false testimony...Real cheap and tacky.

Acomps posts -
    http://forums.cpanel.net/search.php?s=&action=finduser&userid=7423

acompsolutions - "Nice Skin man! I heard about those fishpick guys, they gonna be players in this market I hear, anyway nice skin, when do you think a live demo will be available?"

This post threw my first suspicion....

You have heard of them eh? considering the ALL of his 4 posts you have made in this forum have all been links to support the ELINK Skin. And he hasnt made any posts other than recently for his skin. Hmm. If I was a moderator I would have checked your IP. I will send out one just to help you.

I just find this a bit awkward, and a bit in your favor. I am not sure how trustworthy you are now.

14. webmotion

There is absolutely no relation between myself and the identity of acomplsolutions. I myself question your intensions since you are apparently marketing a skin as well.

http://forums.cpanel.net/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=13735&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Are your malicious posts an act of jealously? Do to some negative feedback about your skin? This I do not know. I do not find it hard to believe for someone to get excited about something and acting upon it by making post. This might be the case with “acomplsolutions”. I don’t know but you should contact him with your questions. He has messaged me on several occasions wanting to see a demo. The guy is excited, what can I say! I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. I would spend my time being a bit more productive. Like maybe working on your skin and not try to badger other people to discredit them. This to me is unprofessional and I dont have time to play.

Regards,

~Web

15. Samuel

Samuel Member

That's an awesome looking skin. :D

16. spiraltechnics

Now I have proof that you lied.

want to taunt me? Make me investigate further...

can you explain why www.acompsolutions.com is powered by ummm www.dilonjamesmonroe.com which so happens to be your name? Not to mention "web motion" being one of the terms used in acomps flash intro?

Hmmm am I still lying or is this yet another conclusive jump? Give it up dude..I dont like being lied to. DONT SIT HERE AND LIE TO EVERYONE in this forum. This is not the way to start a good biz.

Please promote your products like the rest of us...I just found it a bit tacky. If you don't want to play games, please be honest with the people in this forum and not lie that you are someone you are not only to promote your own theme.

Its not that big of a deal, but damn that is lame. As far as my intentions? I just found your remarks when you said "heard about you" and there wasnt any posts about this elsewhere. So wondered until I viewed all the other threads, as well as mine telling people to see your own skin. I mean YES you cut my thread off so you could sell yours by using another alias to boast your own product! That was pretty screwey man. Now that I know you are full of it, I will be more than happy to return the favor back to you.

YOUR A FRAUD!!!!!

As far as am I jealous? Well, I wasn't until I visited your site. It has extremely good flash effects. You are an extremely talented designer. I would just wish you used better judgement about marketing and business practices thats all.

The hell with designing...I am giving itup to be an investigator......
    hehe

17. webmotion

BTW... A DEMO WILL BE ONLINE WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK

This is my last reply to you my friend. Like I said I do not have time for games. You think want you want and feel free to post what you will. I have over 35,000 people on our mailing list. When I meant identity I meant the identity of acompsolutions posts and the originality of them coming from them and not me. You have no idea of what work we have developed and promoted to anyone of our clients, site traffic or memebers we know. I have nothing to prove to you because you mean nothing to our identity. Look, learn and feel free to unitize your freedom of speech but the proof is in the pudding. No matter what happens people will still come to their own conclusions… I still think your bent on trying to ruin someone elses image beacuse your skin review got a bunch of shit replies. Get a life and stop wasting space! Im not lying to anyone I just have a nice skin that will be offered to others and if they would like to use it, They will! I dont think they will consult you first Mr Investigator .

Go Graphitti lol!

~Web:D
    www.fishpick.com/elink.htm

#17 webmotion, Mar 15, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2003
  18. webmotion

Thanks to all!

Thanks again for the compliments and suggestions in the previous posts!

#18 webmotion, Mar 15, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2003
  19. spiraltechnics

Your a little lying weasel and you got caught ....

:p

I would not trust you with my money. Your just a little kid. and BTW you skin isnt all that my friend.

Well I dont deal with scum like you, so yes this little debate is over. I am glad to see have have admitted guilt, in more ways than one.

haha

I am sure your main method of promotion is through spam or anything free bieng you have no morals.

Bye WebMotion

20. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can we stop this stupid, childish behaviour and act like grown ups?

Mods can we do something about this childish behaviour?

Everyone has the right to freedom of speech but this is just pathetic, if you can't post anything sensible don't post at all!!

Kind Regards,

Neil