The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email account authentication and mailbox storage problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by stvmunn, Oct 13, 2011.

1. stvmunn

stvmunn Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm hoping someone can help me out with diagnosing and fixing an odd problem I'm experiencing with a single domain name on our cPanel server.

All of a sudden for a given domain name it has stopped storing messages (usage shows as 0 even when I send an email through) and it returns login errors when trying to access the account (via pop or webmail).

Using Webmail it will successfully authenticate against the cPanel user account to get to the screen where you select which email software you wish to use, but then it fails to login to that given software.

Using roundcube as an example, here is the output from the log...
    root@cpanel [~]# tail -fn0 /var/cpanel/roundcube/log/errors
    [14-Oct-2011 14:58:37 +1030]: IMAP Error: Authentication for dantest@<withheld>.net failed (LOGIN): a001 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed. in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/include/rcube_imap.php on line 143 (GET /3rdparty/roundcube/index.php)

The above is a new test account that I created to try and diagnose stuff with.

Any tips/ideas?

Thanks in advance.