The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email account confusion

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jechilt, Jan 17, 2004.

1. jechilt

jechilt Member

Nov 18, 2003

I have a client that has a question I am having a hard time answering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The user has one domain and has created 4 addon domains (add1, add2, add3, add4). He is pointing his registered <a href="" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: domain names';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">domain names</a> (x1, x2, x3, x4) to the respective addons.

ex1 - If an email account is created this way:, the email would default to mail account.

ex2 - If an email account is created this way:, the email would default to the (also known as

If my explanation is clear (as mud), in ex1, any mail sent to help@ any of the domains, the messages to help will default to the primary help account on the primary domain (main). So...if the mail is sent to the specified email acocunt (, the email would not default to, but to the

I hope this is not too confusing, but I really would like to make sure I have this understood properly.

I think I am a little confused because I have seen a lot of discussion about subdomains that have the same email account as a primary domain email account name.
    In my case, I am using MS Outlook to perform the following function
    account1 -
    account2 -
    account3 -

If I send an email to, the message does NOT go to goes to the According to most of the threads I have read, the email I send to should be delivered to but it is is going to the account designated.

If you survived the read of this message to now, could you provide me with some guidance?

Kind Regards... Support Ticket Number: yet to master email and subdomains/addon domains