The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Account Creation Using XML api ? Need Help...

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by niwre_17, Mar 4, 2011.

1. niwre_17

niwre_17 Registered

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm a bit loss to were should I start. What I'd like to do
    is to allow a user to create a email account on our site. Thus , any class of same purpose
    exist? Or method that I can use?

Thanks,
    Erwin

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Erwin,

I don't recall seeing such an example lying about in the forums though I know people have asked similar questions in the past. If you've already looked at sdk.cpanel.net and understand the fundamentals of the XML-API, API1 and API2 you should be ready to right some code :) I can recommend two "classes" to help you get started:

1) PHP: the XML-API PHP client class is our current meta-class that PHP developers can use to make XML-API or API1/API2 calls. There's some examples in the tarball as well as many examples in the developer-discussion forum.
    2) Perl: PublicAPI package which can make queries just like the PHP class. It has many other features too.

Once you decide on one of those (or something similar), you'll want to look at the API2 Email module

Best Regards,
    -DavidN

3. niwre_17

niwre_17 Registered

Hi DavidN,

Thank you so much for the reply, I will now look into this.

Regards,
    Erwin