The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Account Deletion Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by shaneg, Feb 11, 2009.

1. shaneg

shaneg Member

Hi,

I am using cPanel 11.24.4-R33609 - WHM 11.24.2 version. I have setup one domain [abc.com] and created few email accounts into that domain. Now, I have modify an account and changed the domain name. [xyz.com].

I have hosted first domain [abc.com] somewhere else and changed name servers accordingly.

Now, the problem occurs in the old cPanel [now which is for the xyz.com] because in that cPanel all the email account with @abc.com are still in the list. When I went to delete that email account I am receiving this error message:

The e-mail account my@abc.com was successfully deleted. Sorry, you do not have access to the domain abc.com

But email account is still in the list. Please help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks,

Shane G.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Please make sure the domain is listed in the users' /var/cpanel/users/[USERNAME] file.

3. shaneg

shaneg Member

Hi,

Domain is listed there but result is same.

Thanks,

Shane G.

4. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Try to add the old domain as a park domain / Addon domain and then try to remove email accounts. If you could successfully add old domain as a parked or addon, probably you should not receive permission error while removing them.

Kailash