The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email account not listed in cPanel but exists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Vortex, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Vortex

Vortex Registered

I changed the password for an email account in cPanel and it is now no longer listed in the list of email accounts under Mail - Add/Remove/Manage Accounts. I tried to re-add the email account and cPanel says that it already exists! However, I cannot download email now from the account. I updated cPanel and WHM but this problem still persists. Any ideas? How can I edit or update the email account when it is not listed properly in cPanel? Can I delete the email account manually in Linux and then re-add the account in cPanel? If so, how would this be done?

2. fniederm

fniederm Member

Same here on one account. I did have a hw-crash and reput the mailboxes to an account, they are working but not showing up in cpanel.

Anyone got an idea how to make them appear again?

thanks

3. jimchacko

jimchacko Member

Hey,

I dont whethe you got this solved this or not. I cane across similar issue lately and wht i did was to check this

1 check the OWNERSHIP of the following:

# /home/$user/etc/$domain/passwd
    # /home/$user/etc/$domain/shadow

it should be user:mail

If it is correct, then wht we can do is to check if the entries are there in the passwd and shadow file for the account that is missing. If tat too is there then remove those lines (after taking backups :p) Then you should be able to re-create the account in the cpanel.

Then move the folder contents of the account that vanished to newly created one.

That did the trick for me. Worth a try