SOLVED Email Account Suspended

Sarako

Jun 6, 2017
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

A customer couldn't login to his email account.
I checked in cPanel and saw that his email account is suspended.

My question is how this may have happened?
Is there any mechanism in cPanel/WHM that auto-suspends email accounts, or this can only happen manually from the cPanel interface?

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

Run the following in SSH:

Code:
grep "uapi_module=Email&uapi_func=suspend_login&uapi_data" /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log
To the right of uapi_data you will see the email that is being suspended. Then further to the left of that hit check the URL that is being posted to, does it end in 2082/2083, if so it means someone suspended it via cPanel. I don't believe there is a way to suspend emails through WHM, but there is a way to do it via API:

UAPI Functions - Email::suspend_login - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue was addressed. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

blackwidow02

Sep 19, 2018
Philippines
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Good day,

We have somehow the same problem with this. Whenever our clients reported about their account and when we checked on the WHM > List Account > and opening their cPanel > Email accounts we found out that some specific email addresses got suspended without any reason and without someone suspending it. May we know how is this happening?

Hoping for your feedback. Thank you!

dima23

Registered
Oct 6, 2019
Tbilisi
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Good day,

We have somehow the same problem with this. Whenever our clients reported about their account and when we checked on the WHM > List Account > and opening their cPanel > Email accounts we found out that some specific email addresses got suspended without any reason and without someone suspending it. May we know how is this happening?

Hoping for your feedback. Thank you!
We have exactly the same problem. An email account is getting restricted very often and we don't know the reason. Nobody is restricting accounts manually.

Bash:
grep "uapi_module=Email&uapi_func=suspend_login&uapi_data" /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log
gives me nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: blackwidow02