The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email accounts corrupt? after transfer

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by espsoft, Dec 29, 2004.

1. espsoft

espsoft Member

Sep 1, 2004
    I just transferred some accounts from one server to the one they presently reside on. First problem was the lost mailing lists, which I found was the result of Cpanel 9.9.8-R6 or somethig along those lines. Managed to get that taken care of, but then some of the email accounts on a SINGLE domain no longer work. I have removed the account, recreated the account and restored just the contents (or at least I think that is what I did) and the email accounts will still report undeliverable, permanent failure.

Any one have a work around to get these back up? I have run /scripts/maillperm but that didn't fix anything. I have also run repair db, mail, etc... from WHM, no help.

I tried to backup JUST the email as I see there is a script to restoremail, but can't find the one to back up the email. The particular domain has over 40 accounts and some with quite a bit of mail. I don't want them to lose the email, but then can't contact most of them to get them to pull the mail off the seerver.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2003
    We had a few accounts we moved to a new server and the transfers where incomplete.

What we did was grab the back up from the old server username.tar.gz and fetched it to the new server and then copied it to the new servers /backup/cpbackup/daily.

We then used the restore account feature and it reinstalled the domain name and all email accounts along with mysql databases without problems on the new server.

Hope this helps