The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email accounts DON'T ADD!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by iHost.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. iHost.net.nz

    iHost.net.nz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    :mad:

    When I add in an account the emails don't get created.. :confused:

    I'm using STABLE 6..

    Looks like file permissions?
     
    #1 iHost.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  2. trato

    trato Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2004
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I´m whith the same problem....

    And mailing lists too.. :confused:

    I´m using: WHM 9.9.8 cPanel 9.9.8-C88
    Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
     
    #2 trato, Nov 10, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  3. iHost.net.nz

    iHost.net.nz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Strange isn't it? :\ :eek:

    Can someone explain? Any script to fix this?

    Could be the permissions? :confused:
     
  4. trato

    trato Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2004
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    anybody?! :mad:
     
  5. iHost.net.nz

    iHost.net.nz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ditto. :confused:
     
  6. iHost.net.nz

    iHost.net.nz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Still no help on this.. :(

    It's quite strange actually.. :confused:
     
  7. alrock

    alrock Active Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2004
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    If you are using the SMTP Tweak found in WHM under "Tweak Security", this is what is causing this.

    Disable the feature and you will be able to create accounts.
     
  8. iHost.net.nz

    iHost.net.nz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    It's already disabled :(
     
  9. alrock

    alrock Active Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2004
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Yeah, I see that although I can now create accounts, mail is still not delivered. I watched the process in real time via SSH and it indicated a successful delivery, however, it never delivered.
     
  10. iHost.net.nz

    iHost.net.nz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Very strange..

    Check your exim log?
     
  11. alrock

    alrock Active Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2004
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Well, it appears I was right and exim was indeed attempting to deliver mail.

    The problem is, the account having the problem belonged to a reseller. While the reseller was attending to other business, I created the "test" account and sent a few test messages. I watched the delivery in real time, as I said.

    When the reseller returned, I had her setup the test account in her email program and she kept getting connection errors. So I tried to set it up on my own machine. It kept giving me username/password errors. Now, I know I am not nuts. I saw the mail being delivered. So I jumped over to dnsreport.com and checked the domain. It was rife with red blocks of failed tests all over. I freaked a little because I know that my server does not normally have those types of errors.

    It was then that I noticed the nameservers had changed. :rolleyes:

    The reseller jumped the gun and moved the account, then let me sit there pulling my hair out wondering why the email was no longer working.

    Long story short, I will never know the end result of what I was testing until another problem occurs, because the account I was trying to fix was moved before I could fix it.

    This whole problem started when I suspended this account due to 1000's of spam messages per hour nailing my mail server because she submits to FFA's. When the reseller unsuspended it, mail no longer worked. Terminating the account and recreating it with a new user name did not work either.

    Here is a portion of the Exim log. You can see that my sent test message completed:

    2004-11-18 20:40:57 1CUyhk-0003Il-U1 <= me@myisp.net H=(smtpc.ha-net.myisp.net) [207.xx.xx.xx]:60960 I=[209.xx.xxx.xx]:25 P=esmtp S=14255 id=419D5D18.000005.03252@D82V3H41 T="test" from <me@myisp.net> for test@thetestdomain.com
    2004-11-18 20:40:57 cwd=/var/spool/exim 3 args: /usr/sbin/exim -Mc 1CUyhk-0003Il-U1
    2004-11-18 20:40:57 1CUyhk-0003Il-U1 => test <test@thetestdomain.com> F=<me@myisp.net> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery S=14418
    2004-11-18 20:40:57 1CUyhk-0003Il-U1 Completed
    2004-11-18 20:40:57 SMTP connection from (smtpc.ha-net.myisp.net) [207.xx.xx.xx]:60960 I=[209.xx.xx.xx]:25 closed by QUIT
     
Loading...

Share This Page