The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email accounts gone, no user intervention

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Cloak, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Cloak

Cloak Active Member

On one server running WHM 9.9.8 cPanel 9.9.8-C118 and RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0, I have had multiple clients complain about mail accounts just disappearing from the server. One person has had to remake the accounts 3 times since yesterday. The mail directories are physically disappearing from their account (as in /home/username/mail/domain/mailuser, the mailuser directory is disappearing). These are all unrelated clients with different domains/usernames.

I have not seen any other mention of this, but I know it has been happening since yesterday, I thought it was a fluke and can not find anything in the logs to show why it is being deleted.

2. Bucanero

Bucanero Member

Same here !

Same here

My client add a new pop account and all of the old account dissapear !!

I'm on RHEL WHM 9.9.7 cPanel 9.9.8-S6

HELLLPPPP

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Same here. Same here. We've had this occur twice now with two different accounts.

Same here. We've had this occur twice now with two different accounts.

We've had this occur twice now with two different accounts.
    Using - cPanel 9.9.8-S6 - RedHat 7.3 i686

Typical scenario is that the user adds one new email user/account, then the 20 or so others that were there disappears from the cPanel email account management page. Needless to say, this is causing much distress among the hosted customers who have experienced this.

BTW - We received no reports of this before the most recent rounds of cPanel upgrades. (We're using the stable release.)

I HAVE found that the actual email user account directories remain on the server. For a fix, it is just a matter of accessing /home/accountID/etc/Domain.com/ and making sure the various files in that directory have the same number of user lines as the dot similarly named .v files.

There seems to be nothing wrong with the ownerships or permissions of said files, so I do not see what could be causing this apparent miswrite.

Hope the cPanel people fixes this soon, or at least lets us know how we can do so.

We love the cPanel system IN A VERY BIG WAY, but the recent round of buggy behavior experienced over the past 6 weeks is starting to drive us a little bats over here.

Bottom line - We are torn between keeping pace of with the Stable cPanel releases, therefore potentially keeping stability in check and security tighter. OR, upgrading cPanel only on a very infrequent basis so as not to suffer the new release bug-a-boooos, (but the of course then potentially suffering through what is possible by not upgrading soon enough.) Ohhh what to do, what to do...

-- JoLS

#3 jols, Nov 21, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  4. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    change cpanel build(edge/current/stable) at the WHM at the update config and do an upcp.

5. apogee

apogee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  6. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Edge has some improved file locking in this respect.

7. chud67

chud67 Member

When will that fix be in Stable?