Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email accounts management

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by messierjulie, Mar 25, 2019.

1. messierjulie

messierjulie Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new to Cpanel and need your help in order to control properly of my client's Cpanel. I'm helping a nonprofit to get things sorted and I discovered weird things in the Cpanel email accounts department.

Basically, there is a ton of different email accounts set up and even more forwarders but in reality, we currently only need a few of them.

So here are some of my main questions :
    - After an employee leaves the company, when do you delete this person's email account?

- What happens to that account once it's deleted? Can we still have access to archived emails?

- I currently set up forwarders so I can manage the emails coming from many of those account in one inbox, but now I realize that the emails are still coming in the inboxes of said accounts... So all the time I'm taking to delete and sort needs to be done in 2 accounts... What to do here!?!

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
    Julie

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @messierjulie

We don't delete any accounts, that's up to the administrator of the account to manage. You'd need to speak to your provider or the non-profit to work the details of that out.

When an account is removed/deleted all the data associated with it is also removed. If you need records of emails within an email account you would need to obtain them from backups.

There's really no way around this, if you are forwarding mail from an account that exists on the server to another account a copy will be delivered to both inboxes. The only way to not receive the mail in two locations would be to delete the email account but retain the forwarder for it.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...