The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Accounts Missing (Paper Lantern)

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by jayharland, Sep 15, 2016.

1. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Strange issue...

Today I logged into cPanel, went to update someones email password and to my surprise, all of the 200+ email accounts listed for the domain are gone!

Of course I panicked, but email was still being delivered normally, and underneath settings like "Account Filters" it still listed each email.

Finally, I noticed that, if I switched to x3, the email accounts were listed normally. Switch back to paper lantern though, they are gone.

This is my first time experiencing this, everything was working normal yesterday.

Any suggestions?

2. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I may have seen something like this (but I couldn't reproduce it at the time). To clear it, I disabled FTP and re-enabled it and that seemed to do the trick. Does that work for you?

If you can figure out how you got into that state, we'd love to get that into our bug tracker and fixed.

3. aUserName

aUserName Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am actually having the same problem right now. Not sure when it started but it doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue before this month.
    I did disable my FTP server via WHM and reloaded the page to check before re-enabling the FTP server and checking again. It did not solve the problem.

In my case, the forms on the page fail to respond at all as well.
    After inspecting the page source I've noticed a javascript related error "master-legacy.cmb.min.js:13 Uncaught TypeError: ADD_EMAIL_VALID.account.add is not a function" which seems to be responsible for the forms not working at least.
    I would be willing to bet this is related to why the emails don't show up as well when using Paper Lantern theme.
    I looked for errors in the cpanel logs directory (/usr/local/cpanel/logs/) but there didn't seem to be any runtime errors generated in those files by just loading the page, so I'm not real certain what I'd be looking for. heh.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll admit I am pretty clueless with the cPanel themes framework and such but I'm savvy enough to follow instructions and would like to provide my results publicly in order to help the growing support of Paper Lantern since we'll all be forced to use it sooner or later.

4. cPanelAdamF

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    @aUserName - what's the version number of cPanel & WHM where you're seeing that issue?

5. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I can verify that I'm also seeing the same JavaScript related error TypeError: ADD_EMAIL_VALID.account.add is not a function

cPanel 58.0 (build 28)

6. cPanelAdamF

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I may need more information. A quick glance at the email accounts page in paper lantern on v58.0.28 on my side isn't showing that problem. Do ya'll have any third party plugins installed or any paper lantern customizations or anything like that installed, maybe?

7. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    The only plugin I have installed is ClamAV, but I've been using Paper Lantern since I noticed it was available and haven't experienced this before.

Here is a screenshot of the console for me when I go to "Email Accounts"

upload_2016-9-16_14-5-8.png

8. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Searching for a solution to this and I found people saying this helped them:

"The issue when you open “Email accounts” in cPanel, it sometimes doesn’t show up the list of Email accounts the domain have but only just a blank page. This happens due to bulk of cache, temp files etc present in the .cpanel directory of domain. You can remove the “.cpanel” directory inside the path /home/cpaneluser/. The issue will be solved.

And don’t worry about the “.cpanel” directory, it will automatically recreate next time when you load the account’s cPanel."

However, the post is from 2012, and the most recent comment is 2013. Can any of the Staff Members verify that I won't break everything if I delete the .cpanel directory?

Thanks

9. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    So now today this issue is resolved... I have no idea how, it's just working normally again.

10. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I wouldn't suggest you do this.

11. aUserName

aUserName Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Updating to version 58.0.29 solved the problem for me as well. Thanks! :)

Sorry about the lack of version information in my post. I am not aware of any mods on our server that affect the email page. We use Softacoulus and a PHP switcher that InMotionHosting provides and those are the only two mods I know of that add extra pages or widgets to the cPanel UI. I'll try to keep those and version info in mind for future posts.

12. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you. It is a good thing I did not then.

13. jayharland

jayharland Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Just an update on this thread, today when I go to Email Accounts it fails to load the page completely and says:

Template::Exception:
    [TYPE]=[file]
    [INFO]=[/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/js2-min/mail/pops.js: No such file or directory]
    [TEXT]=[

It looks like cpanel is now 58.0.30, is this an issue that I need to bring up with my hosting company?

14. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you report this to your hosting provider so they can investigate and contact us directly if necessary? You won't be able to provide us with error log output and a list of installed plugins if you don't have root access to the server.

Thank you.